Sunday, March 29, 2015

Communication

This past week I had my Mother and college friend evaluate me on my communication skills. I was pleasantly surprised and relieved that all my scores were about the same. By knowing that I received similar results from others based on the way I communicate, this shows me that I know myself much more than I thought I had. Although, some of the questions were a bit difficult for my Mother and friend to answer, I spoke to them and told them to use their best judgment when answering the questions. One of the questions they both got stuck on was whether or not my heart beats faster when I talk in large groups. This would be almost impossible for somebody else to know, unless I was in an experiment where I have my heart rate tracked, while talking to others in a large group.
Two new insights I learned:
1) I am too trusting of others. This quality can help me build relationships, but also cloud my judgment.
2) It is important to be open-minded and share your opinions with others. When sharing your opinions it is important to just share and not to force your opinion on somebody. It is also important to use facts when talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment