Wednesday, December 18, 2013

When I Think of Child Development

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." - Albert Einstein

 "It is not what is poured into a student that counts but what is planted." -Linda Conway


"A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank...but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child." - Forest Witcraft


Reference:

21 Inspirational Teacher Quotes – SimpleK12_. (2012, February 10).SimpleK12_. Retrieved December 18, 2013, from http://blog.simplek12.com/education/21-inspirational-teacher-quotes/




These three quotes really resonate with me. I feel it is my duty as an educator to allow children to really see, explore, and develop a love for school. As a teacher I can help my students find the joy in learning. I want to make a difference in the lives of children. I want my future students to feel safe and have a sense of belonging. With my background in sociology I feel like I can steer any of my students onto the right path; I will give them the right guidance, support, and helping hand needed to reach their success. 




I want to also take this time to thank all of you who have supported me. I want to also give special thanks to Joyce and Karen, thank you both for supporting me on my educational endeavor, both of your comments have been very insightful. Joyce, I want to thank you again for for sharing your childhood stories from China they were really fascinating.  I hope for you the best on your future endeavors. Karen, thank you for sharing your opinions and knowledge with all of us this past 8-weeks. I have really learned a lot of new insight from you. Thank You:)   

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year to you all.

Best,


Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, it has been great progressing with you during this course and I look forward to our upcoming classes together. I have always loved the 100 year quote, as it is really why we become teachers...best of luck and enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth for always supporting me as well. It's been my pleasure to be your classmates! I like this quote, "It is not what is poured into a student that counts but what is planted." -Linda Conway.

    ReplyDelete